Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 
Do you make resolutions? I have to admit that I don't.
I know that I would never keep them...and a little piece of me doesn't really believe in making them. I feel like I'm setting myself up for failure.

What are resolutions anyway? Well, they are a way to mark the beginning of changes in our habits and lifestyle. The most common ones being, weight loss, stop smoking/drinking, and financial freedom.

Did you ever wonder how they even got their start? I did, so I looked it up. This is what I found...

The first recorded New Years resolutions were made by the Babylonians around 4000 years ago. It revolved around returning any borrowed farm equipment, as their New Year coincided with the start of their farming season.

I guess it became a popular thing to do, because we're still doing it!

Well, no matter what your resolution may be, whether it's a re-do of the last resolution, dieting, getting a better job, keeping your home cleaner, or being kinder... just "keep in mind that our mistakes, our failures, our poor choices don’t have to keep us from our God-given destiny. With God, it’s not about the way you start in life, it’s about the way you finish." Joel Osteen

Many blessings to you and yours in 2014!
Julie

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU, MY DEAR.. MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY..XO

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...