Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Just Look at that Rainbow.....


010
 
BEAUTIFUL!
 
001
 
YUMMY!
 
002
 
CUTE!
 
006
 
007
 
DELICIOUS!
 
013 Stitch
 
7/5/14
 
My attempt at getting the whole rainbow in one picture. Not the greatest looking picture, but you can see the whole rainbow!
I'm pretty sure this was the brightest rainbow we have ever seen. The colors were so pronounced.
 
My husband and I had a light breakfast this morning. The strawberries were from Crabtree Farms, and they were delicious!
 
Our granddaughter came to visit over the fourth, and to have a bit of fun with Hollie. I'm so glad they get along so well. Rylee sure is growing fast. She says quite a bit now, but mostly "What's that?". Remember that stage? I know I do. They are so curious aren't they?
 
Joe and I had some blueberries and strawberries, so we decided to make a pie. I played with the crust a bit and decided on a lattice top pie. I haven't made one in years, so I thought it was time. A little egg wash and a sprinkle of sugar....
Well, the rest is history....and so is the pie!
 
7/16/14
Today I have been working at getting a few things done that I have had on my list of To-do's, but haven't done yet.
Making more croutons; rosemary/garlic this time.
 
 
Making and canning some simple strawberry syrup for ice cream, cheese cake, or French toast. Mmmm!
 
 
I also put some tomatoes and celery in the dehydrator. They were starting to get a bit soft and rather than lose them, I'll dry them and store them away for later use. 
 
 
Now I need to get something picked out for supper.
Hmmm?? I'm thinking Tilapia, fiddleheads, and new potatoes!
What will you be having?
 
Thank you so much for following my blog. I know I haven't been as dedicated to my writing as I should be. Summers seem so busy, don't they? I'm really enjoying it, though!
 
Until next time....
 
Blessings,
Julie

5 comments:

  1. Don't worry. I have had a hard time keeping up with mine too. With animals and gardens not to mention every day life it can get a little over whelming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree, Michelle! Hope all is well with you!

      Blessings,
      Julie

      Delete
  2. Susannah where have you been?? I do hope all is well with you and your family. Missing you!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie.. Sorry I have been absent but I guess we all are.. smile..
    You are having lovely busy days and that is what Summer is all about, eh?
    Take care, dear heart..
    Sue is probably at the lake.. grin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...summer is definitely busy this year. More so than usual for us with a new house and all that goes with it. Thank you for the update on Sue. I didn't know where she had been.
    Have a lovely weekend and enjoy what's left of summer!
    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...